29 September 2008

I smell like Chocolate

So today I finally broke down and bought foreign body products.

I did this because they are miles cheaper (or, kilometers cheaper?) than American products.

But it means me often have to figure out what things are by pictures, location, ingredients, and smells.

For some reason, I had decided that I was going to move away from the fruity genre. I wanted something warmer. I was thinking - can I buy a cinammon body spray? Wouldn't it be cool to smell like cinammon?

I don't know where this thought came from.

I started my shopping experience with body wash. This I went straight on look alone. It's Duru Moods - it's golden, the gel is all shiny and sparkly, there's golden pearls on the pictures, it says "Luxury" on it, which seems to be a universal word. It's in Romanian, Russian, and Turkish, and smells like - well I don't really know what it smells like, but it smells warm and good, and it was super cheap.

Then came lotion. I actually thought it was shampoo at first. And when I got home, my family told me it was body wash.

What are you going to do?

But it smells like chocolate. I was really taken, for the moment, with the idea of chocolate lotion. I guess chocolate body wash might not be so bad, but it won't last as long. The scent I mean. I wonder if the same brand has a lotion.

This brand is a Israeli brand, by the way, and thus, all the writing is in Hebrew.

Shampoo. This is straight up Russian, and I figured since I was obviously going for the darker scented, food categories, why not try the bottle with a picture of wheat, mint, and a mug of beer? Beer is supposed to be great for your hair right?

Other bottles had eggs and aloe on them. I have heard these things area also good for your hair, but these bottles smelled nowhere as delicious as the beer shampoo smelled. Literally, I was like, huffing the bottle in the middle of the store. (All these products are 100% Russian).

Last but not least, I have recognized that I will eventually run out of my aveeno face lotion, and god knows I can't afford any of the american products. So, I decided to branch out. What would I choose? Another Russian product, named "Olives." Luckily with ingredients in English, I know that this has honey, soy, pumpkin oil, shea, olive oil, lemon acid....

And I know that it's day lotion because I asked. " Scuzaţi-mă vă rog, asta este pentru a zile, şi pentru fata mea?"

All good things, right? Surely these things cannot hurt my fair skin. I'm trying a some tonight.

So I'll let you know how my branching out into foreign products goes. For all 4 products, I spent a whopping 12$ - I spent more on the lady's speed stick, I think, then most the rest of the stuff combined (the Olives tipped the scale).

0 comments:

 


A Natural Anthem - Templates Novo Blogger 2008