16 July 2008

The google dance of Joy


Many of you (oh so many of you), have heard me rhapsodize about how much I love the company google. About how if I had *any* money, I would buy stock in this company, (currently $524 and change, having risen a full $8 today despite the general economic downturn)....


About how it's like google reads my mind, because the minute I think of an application that would be useful, they turn-around and come up with it (think about bundled email in gmail, embedded chats, the amazing notebook, sharing documents, converting documents back and forth between programs - ahhh, it's magic).


Oh google, now you had to go and outdo yourself, forcing me to embarrass myself in fawning gratitude. You see friends, Google has created a translator bot. And not just any old translation application, that you stick a word into and hope it comes out okay, but a real, working, "you can put phrases into me and I'll spit it back at you conjugated and in complete sentences" application. And it's in Romanian.

No Translator Application is ever in Romanian. I mean, not the good ones. Oddly to me, the google translator spells it Rumanian (a very old spelling I think) but hell, if that's the price I'll even start to spell it that way! There's nothing I won't forgive after this! That whole You-Tube thing, pish-posh, whatever, all our data is being watched by somebody anyway. People need to get over it. Google is still a wonderful, amazing, do no evil company and I love them.


My only sadness is that I could never work for them and spread this love in a professional capacity. Apparently google only hires the best of the best (meaning Ivy League). Seriously guys, you don't know what you're missing in me. I am your biggest advocate.



So what does this mean, and why am I writing about this so much??? Well, for one thing, having the ability to translate things completely has made the task of learning a language FUN again. Seriously, almost a joy. I write something, try to translate it myself, see what google thinks....

So thank you google. You have, yet again, forced me to be your ridiculously adoring fan.

0 comments:

 


A Natural Anthem - Templates Novo Blogger 2008