13 April 2008

Typing in Romanian

I know nothing about what is happening in the world. Nothing. And that, somewhat, drives me crazy.

You know, if google would just expand already, I could just text them for the news but no, Moldova isn't covered under their net.

Neither is, you know, Alaska, so I guess I shouldn't bitch.

Every once in awhile I'll see flashes from my Russian news of things from America - was that a tornado in Atlanta? A cyclone in Oregon?? A crystal meth fire in Pennsylvania? What the frack?

And yet I have no way of finding out these details because I am completely cut off from the world. Completely. I haven't been on the internet in almost three weeks. People who know me will recognize how drastic a seperation this is. I have anxiety.

I have, however, discovered how to change my computer to think it's a romanian computer, and thus, have romanian characters. Like Ó and ăand the all important ț

This, my friends, is a breakthrough. For serial. Particularly as I have to do things like, oh I don't know, translate my resume into romanian.

Fuarte dificil. Very difficult. For reals. I have actually stopped the process, as I have decided it makes no sense until I find out where I'm placed. Which is tomorrow, by the way. Which makes no difference to you because, hey, you won't read this until way after that fact. But whatevs. I am preparing myself for the worse. Because it happens.

0 comments:

 


A Natural Anthem - Templates Novo Blogger 2008