05 March 2008

Whoever knew that I knew so much Spanish?/ I mean seriously. I'm having a hell of a time getting the spanish numbers, and quesiton words out of my head, i keep answering Si, and it's not even remotely funny anymore. I'm getting really pissed at myself.

It is 4 in the morning. I have a habit of waking up with the roosters. Though, since I went to sleep at 8pm last night, I suppose I can't been too annoyed. It also gives me valuable time to practice my vocab, erase the spanish from my head and institute Romaneste. Then it's on to breakfast - thick slabs of bread, thickly slabbed with butter, covered with thick slabs of cheese and thick slabs of salami.

I need to get up the courage to say "nu ute, va rog." No butter, please"." And they keep pushing more and more bread on me, which damnit, no more damn piine. I'll take the cheese and salami though. And the tea, the delicious chea (pronounced chai, which just makes me miss my chai latte every day. sniff) doused with about a million spoon fulls of sugar.

I really want to know how the election is going. It's driving me crazy.

Eventually I'm going to get a cell phone (maybe in two weeks) and apparently it can be pretty cheap to call from the states. I'd love to look into having one of those external modem things my dad has that hooks into the cell phone towers, because I can already tell you that I am not going to dig this dial up thing. Romanians really like their phones, so if I clog up their lines, I don't think that's going to fly very well.

0 comments:

 


A Natural Anthem - Templates Novo Blogger 2008