27 December 2007

Between Romania and the Ukraine?

I've been assigned to Moldova, a country which I'm ashamed to say I knew nothing about except for that it was mentioned in "The Historian."

Assigned, accepted, then immediately put on legal hold. Seems I had some explaining to do about some youthful stupidity in my past.

If you let it, the application process for the Peace Corps will make you feel like the most unworthy person - almost dirty. Definitely naughty, and not eligible for presents or acceptance. I think I've been way more stressed out about getting in than I am about the whole idea of, say, pooping in an outhouse for two years.

This whole thing has happened so fast - applied November 1st, leaving February 24th... I have so much to do and think about.

Thankfully, I prefer to work under pressure. As long as I know, definitely, completely, 1oo% that they're not going to call me and say "psych!" I can get everything I need to do done.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

0 comments:

 


A Natural Anthem - Templates Novo Blogger 2008